Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Beginning; New Thinking

So since this is a new year...2010 baby! I've decided to not make any resolutions at all because we all know you NEVER keep them...lol

I was reading a magazine article the other day, it was called, "Mating without Dating"....the lady's daughter whom she wrote the article about did this and married at the age of 20 to the guy God had for her WITHOUT GOING ON A SINGLE DATE!!! Talk about going against the culture...so I've decided to take this on as my way of viewing the dating world. I know your asking, "How in the world do you do that??" She said in the article that they "Courted" meaning that the guy would come to her house and get to know her and her family together, instead of apart. How cool is that?! There's no pretending, no masks...your just with your family being yourself. The lady said in the article, "I'm preparing my girls to be wives, not girlfriends." if you think on just that statement alone it kinda blows your mind. Because its so true. You can be a professional girlfriend but never be a wife.

Anyways I'm rambling. Basically this post is about dating and about how i am finally free from liking...he that shall not be named and I'm FINALLY happy with being SINGLE!!! It's just me and Jesus. :) (thats a song) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie. I enjoyed reading the post! I am so glad you are finally free from liking... "he that shall not be named!!!" I am so proud of you and your growth. Looking forward to reading more!!!

    ReplyDelete