Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You are not your own.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about...well...me. And MY plans, and MY future, and MY aspirations, and I was hit with this verse. "You are not your own." Dang! I had never thought about it having to do with my plans and thoughts for the future. What IF God's plan for my life isn't to be married til I'm 35 or something. I can't sit around waiting on Him to bring me my Prince Charming. Shouldn't I be out furthering the Kingdom of God rather than focusing on my Prince Charming's arrival? And when my Prince does come riding in on his horse, it'll be a nice pleasant surprise...What I'm saying here is that, I've got to stop whining over the fact that "I've gotta wait", and start saying, "Hey, here's an opportunity for me to serve Jesus IN my waiting!" Whether it be talking to young girls about waiting or whatever. But, doing it with the reward being that someone will hear the good news about Jesus and get to spend an eternity with Him! I'm not saying that I won't think and wonder about my future hubby, but this whining that I do has got to STOP! I'll look at other people who I think are not ready to be in a relationship and think, "that's just NOT fair Lord!" And then He reminds me, "Hey, you don't need to worry about that. That's MY jurisdiction." haha :) I'm ready to be a patience waiter...are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment