Monday, February 28, 2011

Keep your heart under lock and key nowadays.

The older I get, and the more I mature in the Lord, I've realized something. It is so hard nowadays to keep from giving away your heart. I mean, with all the technology today, you give pieces away of your heart and not even know it. Believe me, I've done it on more than one occasion with more than one guy. You know that feeling of little butterflies in your stomach when you see the light on your phone blinking or when you feel it vibrate, because you've just received a text message that you've been waiting for, you've given a tiny bit of your heart away. In today's society, it is so easy for boys to play with girls hearts and not really be serious. To hide behind a phone screen, and never really have to put anything else into the relationship that the girl thinks she's well on her way to having. To get the ego boost, and the satisfaction of knowing he has her in his back pocket when ever he needs her. It's wrong on their part and they will have to deal with that themselves, but the bible says,

"Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." Song of Solomon 3:5

It's easy to read that and think, "Yeah, I can do that. I can keep my heart for that one guy I'm suppose to marry." But, in the moment, it's easier to push a bolder up a mountain. We, girls, have a desire to be wanted, to be loved, to feel safe, and protected. And, often times, when a guy begins to show that he might do just that, we latch on like a leech. Granted, some will do all that and more, and end up being your special guy. But, let's try and keep our hearts until the Lord has given us clear indication that he really is THE one.
I say all this because I know exactly how it feels to give a piece of your heart away, and have him not care that you gave it to him. I've had more than one relationship with more than one guy through technology. I've worked it out with the Lord, and He has restored my heart, so that I might give it to my future husband whole. I'm still dealing with ramifications of giving away those pieces, but the Lord allowed those things to happen for a reason. What ever that reason my be, I will praise Him.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment