Lately, I've been feeling very discouraged in the area of "my future". I've been having more, and more questions about whether or not the Lord has some "big fantastic plans" for my life. I know He has plans, and a purpose for my life, but will they be has grandiose as I see other peoples plans are? Then I wonder...am I ready for those plans He has designed specifically for me? Or, am I going to keep comparing myself, and His plans for me to other people, and their plans He has for them? He isn't going to give us, or reveal to us, even the smallest detail of His plans, if, we are constantly saying, "My plans aren't going to be as good as hers! Look at those clothes, and that boyfriend! Ah!" Or, "He is OBVIOUSLY in God's favor, if he's got that girl, that house, those cars, that job, and his income!" Why would He reveal our plans if, we can't even appreciate the air that He so graciously gave us in our lungs right now? If, we'd STOP for one second, long enough to focus on the GOOD, and prosperity that He has already bestowed on us, and say, "You know what? I'm ready and willing to make the BEST of the plans the Lord wants for me." Then maybe, the Lord will say, "Alright, you're on your way to being ready to receive the blessings I've been waiting to give you."
You know, I've had to deal with the way I look at things in this world, especially when it comes to material things. I've always been one to want the newest, and fanciest things, and the Lord has really had to show me that I am wrong. That, I have more than enough STUFF, and THINGS to last a lifetime, but what I really needed was HIM to fill that hole where I had been stuffing new clothes, purses, shoes, and make-up. We need Him more then we need water. Or food. Or air. We need Jesus so badly to fill every single hole, and void in our lives, that NOTHING else compares to His fulfillment, and His ability to make us whole IN HIM. I want to be so broken that I am only made whole again by being IN HIM.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
No comments:
Post a Comment