Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When God changes your view to a Godview...

I've always imagined myself in the future, sitting at the kitchen table homeschooling my children. How many children? Well, I left that to the Lord. All I knew was that I wanted kids. And, lots of them! I imagined me cooking dinner after they finished school, and were outside playing until Daddy came home. When he pulled in the driveway, he would be bombarded by the children that think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then, we'd all sit together, and eat a family meal, and talk about our day.

Well.
Sunday.
I got my world rocked.

In worship the Lord spoke to me, and said, "Katie, I have things for you to do before you get married. I need you to teach abstinence to my children. They are being deceived, and they don't know it. No one is telling them the consequences to what they are doing." My response? "Surely not I, Lord. I don't like talking in front of people. I don't have any idea where I'd start this crazy adventure. I don't have the money. I want to get married. I want to have children. I want that now, not this."

I. I. I. I. That's all I could think about. How I COULDN'T do it. How I DON'T have the resources, bran-power, or money. How I WANTED to get married, and start a family like I've always wanted. I. I. I.

He was speaking so clearly to me, that I couldn't deny it. He reminded me that I gave Him my all. My everything. And, that includes my dreams, and my wants. In, a video that my Daddy had seen the next morning, it was Rebecca St. James. The woman who didn't get married til she was 32. All she ever wanted was to get married, not make music, and sing; get married. She said, what she learned most from having to wait that long was this; "Can you trust God's heart, even when your heart is hurting?"

I am now. I cried in worship because I was having to give up my control to my life, and my wants. He also told me that I need to focus on HIM, and not spend every waking moment thinking about getting married, and dating. But, I am trusting the Lord in His plans for me. He gave me Hebrews 11:1 as a reminder of this the next night in my quiet-time. "Now, faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." {Hebrews 11:1}
I still have all my dreams of getting married, and being a mother; it's just postponed until I do the work God has for me being single. Kind of like Elisabeth Elliot, she and Jim didn't get married until it was the Lord's timing. He had great works for them to do being single, and great works for them to do after being married. We just need to focus in the Lord, and everything else will fall into place. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are just lovely Katie. Precious in His eyes! You just keep on doing exactly what you are doing, listening and obeying Him. (And trust me...it does not take long to "catch up"! -quote from my Mom)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete