"I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm. My help is on the way, my help is on the way...Oh, my God, He will not delay. My refuge and, strength always. I will not fear, His promise is true. My God will come through always, always." Always by Kristian Stanfill :)
I absolutely adore this song that we sing in church. Do you know why? Because, it describes my life. My emotions. It describes how I feel about my future. As a future wife, as a future mom, as a future Christian, and my walk with the Lord.
When, we are little, we fear nothing. We are totally dependent on our parents. For everything. For food, for clothes, for shelter, for love. And, unconsciously, we trust them. 100% trust them to provide that for us, because, we have no other options. At 2 months old, you can't go to the refrigerator, and get a bottle of milk. We have to communicate to our parents that we are hungry. I believe, in the same way, we are suppose to be like babies in our faith. NOT stay baby Christians, but, we are suppose to be TOTALLY dependent on Christ. For everything. For affirmation, for value, for significance, for love. We should TRUST the Lord, and hold Him to His promises that He has said in His word that He has for us. Now, take notice, I did not say, "hold Him to His word about giving you everything you want", I said, "hold Him to HIS promises." They are most of the time VERY different then what we've planned for our lives. But, that's where the TRUST part of this relationship with Christ comes in. We have to trust unconditionally, that He has a plan for our lives, so great, and amazing that we can't even comprehend it all. But, to get to that great, amazing, wonderful, awesome plan, we have to trust Him, and focus all of our attention on Him, and our relationship with Him.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
All throughout the Bible-God's Love Letter to Us- He shows us that IF, we follow His ways, and have a true relationship with Jesus, then He will give us the desires of our hearts. Now, it's time to start trusting that He's got us, and we've just got to pray for His will in our lives. Everything else will fall into place, when He wants it to be. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment