Thursday, September 30, 2010

The innerworkings of a girls mind...well just mine...

So I've decided as of lately that a girls mind only gets more complex and weirder as we get older. Honestly, think about it ladies...when we were little, boys had cooties and we didn't mind getting our clothes dirty and hair messed up. We just wanted to play form sun up til sundown with whoever would play with us. For me as a little girl, my safe haven was where ever my daddy was. He was always there to protect me and to pick me up when I scraped my knee. He loved me enough to discipline me when I deserved it but he did it with love and with my best interest in mind.
Fast forward 10-12 years and you've been through puberty and almost through your awkward stage and you come out more complex then when you started. Because it's God's plan for us believe it or not :) BUT now...boys don't have cooties...in fact, we WANT to be notice by them and wanted by them. It becomes something that can either be a God thing or it can become something satan uses to put you in bondage. I pray you allow Him to use it for good in your life. Now, the thought of getting our new dress dirty is a horrifying thought and we can't bear to think it. Our hair is almost perfect all the time and the thought of going out with messy hair is yet again...horrifying. We play now but it's called, "hanging out" and it does happen from sun up til sundown for some people. lol. But it's with "our group" and we tend to leave others and new people out because we are so used to being with our own group. Believe me, I'm just a guilty as ANYONE else of this.
But do you know something that shouldn't have changed from being a little girl to now...our relationship with the Lord. The ONLY change that should occur is that it shifts from our earthly daddy to our Heavenly Daddy...everything stays the same. He is always there to protect me and pick me up when I scrape my knee...in other words when I sin against Him...He loves me enough to discipline me when I deserve it but He does it with love and with my best interest in mind.
You see, it's the same. When we grow older we NEED, not should, NEED to grow closer to the Lord because things only get harder as we go along.

I pray that this reaches those who need to hear it and that you ladies will take this verse to heart, I know I do...
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30 :)

1 comment:

  1. Katie, Thanks for sharing your blog! I love it and love getting to know you!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete