Thursday, November 4, 2010

My view for the night.

I've been thinking a lot lately and I've come to the conclusion...living in America is an AMAZING privilege and a CURSE. Just today, sitting in my history class, I saw my teacher come in with her Burberry coat and Gucci bag and her tumber with her initials on it and I thought..."wow, must be nice to have that kind of money to buy all those expensive things." But you know what? The Lord reminded me of something I watched on TV last night...He replayed for me the image of the VERY skinny, cold, starving to death little boy covering himself up with a scrap of cloth to keep himself warm...that's ALL he owns. A small torn up piece of fabric. And I thought, "How SELFISH of me. How SELFISH. I'm complaining because I want name brands and he has NOTHING." That tears me UP. It's not like I live in the homeless shelter and living off welfare. I'm not going to bed hungry and I don't have to walk 2 miles to get water that will most likely have bacteria that could kill me. I have so many clothes and shoes and purses and THINGS that I can't even keep them all in the drawers and in the closet at the same time. That's ridiculous that I would WANT more. Now, I am NOT saying that we should feel guilty for having nice things and purchasing more. God has blessed us so much that it's mind blowing. What I'm saying is that we need to be sharing our wealth and love with those who don't have it. Jesus said, “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’" Matthew 25:40. So let's go out and love on some people that need it, or you could make a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child. That box is probably all they will get for Christmas, BUT it'll mean THE world to them. Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus and do the works that He put us on this earth to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment