Monday, November 22, 2010

Let's talk dating...

*****DISCLAIMER***** This blog may offend or shock some of you. You can email complaints to idon'tcare@hotmail.com :)


Does anyone know the definition of the word: courting? I'm sure you are all thinking, THAT IS SOOOOOOOO OLD FASHIONED! Well then, call me old fashioned because that is what I plan on doing. Courting means; getting to know someone in a family setting with the intention of marrying that person. *GASP* You mean, you don't go on one-on-one dates? Yes, that is EXACTLY what I mean. I mean that; I will NEVER be alone with a guy that I am not married too. I will NEVER kiss a guy that I am not married too. *GASP* yes I said I will never kiss a guy until my wedding day. To all of you that just woke up from passing out from my last statement, I told you this would be a shocking blog. :) Come on, What does the bible say about dating?...it doesn't does it? That right there gives me a clue that I shouldn't be doing it! If the bible doesn't say something about it, then it's an institution made up by men, and you know that means it's nothing but trouble. I want to be able to stand up in front of my husband on my wedding day knowing I am fully his, pure and without a past of boyfriends to haunt me in my marriage. The bible says, "Do not awaken love before it's time." (Song of Solomon 8:4) Which to me, that means that God will bring the man He has for me into my life on His own in His time. I don't have to go looking. I don't have to trying a manipulate someone into that role. God can do it all on His onesies, He created the world...duh.

So let's talk dating. Because it's seems to me that Christians don't look any different from the world when it comes to dating. *GASP* OHYEAH! I went there! :O Come on! Dating. Having fun. Breaking up. Dating someone else. Having fun. Breaking up. It's a practice for divorce, not marriage. Christians are just as physical and "involved" as non-Christians. That's not right. We need to be an example and BE SET APART! I am SOOO tired of being on facebook and seeing people who proclaim they are Christians and yet they have pictures with their boyfriend/girlfriends that are VERY physical and suggestive. What kind of message does that send to your friends who aren't Christians? "Well they don't act any different then I do...why should I have to change?" It's time to invite God into your dating life. I have and I will continue to do so, when we ask God into our lives, it includes ALL parts of our lives. Including dating. So let's stop acting like the world and be the examples of Christ to the world.

1 comment:

  1. wow Katie- couldn't agree more! You would be glad to know I am with you in all of these "old-fashioned beliefs" !

    ReplyDelete